“Who are you?”
“I am not the Messiah.”
“Then who are you? Elijah?”
“I am not.”
“Are you the prophet?”
“Tell us who you are. How do you see yourself?”
John said, “I am the voice of one crying out in the wilderness. Make straight the way of the Lord.”
3rd Sunday of Advent
Gaudete! Rejoice! What is behind our joy? Jesus has redeemed us. That’s behind our joy. God’s will is behind our joy. God is the joy of our souls. Mary says, “My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord, and my spirit rejoices in God my saviour. St Paul says, “Rejoice always, pray without ceasing.”
Fr Chito Dimaranan SDB speaks more about what true joy is.
Peace and joy come to you
Ang sugong may kababaang-loob
For as the earth brings forth its growth, and as a garden makes seeds spring up, so will the Lord Yahweh make justice and praise spring up in the sight of all nations. ~ Isaiah 61:11
- Lectio (Read)
- Isaiah 61:1-11, 1 Thessalonians 5:16-24, John 1:6-28
- Meditatio (Reflect)
- The advent of the Lord fills everyone with joy.
- Oracio (Pray)
- Pray for those who may not see joy this Christmas like the captives of war and terrorism.
- Contemplatio (Listen)
- Just be silent. Only in quietness and silence of your heart that you can hear the voice of God. When you talk God listens. Now, it’s God’s turn to speak. So, how about zipping your lips for a little while so God can speak.
- Actio (Act)
- “Each of us is called to be a missionary, bringing Christ’s mercy and love to all, especially those on the peripheries of our societies.” ~ Pope Francis