“It was by faith
that Abraham called by God
Set out for a country that would be given to him…
Received power to become a mother…
Abraham went to offer Isaac….”
Feast of the Holy Family of Jesus, Mary and Joseph
It was by faith that Abraham obeyed whatever God promised him for his family and descendants. It was by faith that Mary and Joseph obeyed whatever God commanded them to do for the sake of the Son of God. Theirs is a model family because their hearts are pure.
Fr Chito Dimaranan SDB speaks of the true kapuso and true kapamilya in an analogy with the Holy Family of Jesus, Mary and Joseph.
From Abraham’s Family to Jesus’ Family
Ang Kapusong Pamilya
- Lectio (Read)
- Genesis 15, Hebrews 11, Luke 2
- Meditatio (Reflect)
- Did the Holy Family ever experienced a family crisis?
- Oracio (Pray)
- Pray for the families left by tragic deaths of their loved ones during this Christmas season.
- Contemplatio (Listen)
- Just be silent. Only in quietness and silence of your heart that you can hear the voice of God. When you talk God listens. Now, it’s God’s turn to speak; your time to listen.
- Actio (Act)
- “Jesus is the gift of God for us, and if we welcome Him, we also can be a gift of God for others.” ~ Pope Francis